Coaching Focus Definitions
- Speed & Power
- Sprints between 60m up to 400m, sprint hurdles, jumping field events.
- Middle/Long Distance
- Distances greater than 400m
- Combined Events
- Athletes focus on training for combined events competitions, such as the pentathlon, heptathlon, and decathlon.
- Shotput, javelin, discus, hammer throw, weight throw.
Combined events, Speed/Power events
Pole Vault/Speed & Power
Jane (Cox) Kolodnicki
Jane has coached High School Track & Field for 15 years in Ottawa and Calgary, both as a Jumps Coach and Head Coach at several schools. She began working with the long and triple jumpers at UCAC and the University of Calgary Dinos in the 2015-2016 season.
As an athlete, Jane started with Calgary Track West and then competed for the University of Alberta Pandas from 1989-1991. A three-time All-Canadian, she is a former CIAU (now U Sports) record holder in Women’s Long Jump and a Canada West/CIAU medalist in the 60m, Long Jump and 4x200m relay.
A former Nationally ranked athlete in Track and Field as well as a member of the Canadian Bobsleigh Team, Ricardo Greenidge comes with an extensive background representing Canada in high level sport. Achieving recognition as a multiple Canadian Sprints Champion in Track and Field as well as competing in the 1998 Olympic Winter Games in Nagano, Japan for Bobsleigh, Ricardo developed a solid foundation of experience as an athlete that he now brings to his role as a coach.
Beginning as an Assistant Coach overseeing the Sprints program with the Airdrie Aces Athletics Club (AAAC) in 2011, Ricardo then went on to take over the position of AAAC Head Coach in 2015. During his time with the Aces Club, Ricardo has coached many athletes to medal wins both at the Provincial and National level.
At the start of the 2017/18 indoor season, Ricardo was offered the position of Assistant Coach (Sprints/Hurdles) of University of Calgary Dino’s Track and Field Program and he now brings his knowledge and enthusiasm for sport and coaching to his University level athletes.
Combined Events, Speed/Power events
High School Speed/Power events
MAJOR COACHING ASSIGNMENTS
• 2009 CANADA SUMMER GAMES (Head Distance Coach for Team Alberta)
• 2008 WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS (Personal Coach representing Team Canada)
• 2007 YOUTH LEGION NATIONALS (Head Track & Field Coach for Team Alberta)
• 2006 YOUTH LEGION NATIONALS (Head Distance Coach for Team Alberta)
MAJOR COACHING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• 50+ Individual Provincial Club Champions during coaching tenure with the Calgary Spartans in both (Cross Country and Track & Field)
• 1 National Canadian Junior Men’s 1500m (2008 Canadian National Championships)
• 3 Athletes Named to Canadian (2008) World Cross Country Team
• 10 Athletes granted NCAA &/or CIS Athletic Scholarships during coaching tenure with Calgary Spartans in both (Cross Country and Track & Field)
• 2012 Qualified Men’s team for CCAA National Championships (1st ever for St. Mary’s University)
• 2009 ACAC Provincial Women’s Cross-Country Team Conference Champions
• 2009 CCAA National Women’s Cross-Country Team Silver medalist
• 2009 CCAA National Women’s Cross-Country Individual Silver medalist
• 2008 World Cross Country Championships Personal Coach (Edinburgh Scotland)
• 8 Individual Alberta Provincial Record Holders over an 8-year period
• Have had at least two or more athletes within my group continuously ranked in the top 5 or better Nationally from the 800m to the 10,000m, from midget level to Senior level from 2006 to 2013.