Thanks for a great race! See you in 2022!
This longstanding fundraising event has contributed close to $100,000 to the U of C Dino track and cross country team.
In 2004, two enterprising University of Calgary students dreamed up this race to help fund the University of Calgary’s Dinos cross country and track & field teams. Since then, over $100,000 has been contributed to help provide scholarships, competition opportunities and uniforms for student athletes. Go Dinos!
Why it is Rad
- Beer Gardens and Pizza. Need we say more?
- Student pricing! So you can race and save your pennies for…textbooks.
- Age grouper? Finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in your age category by chip time and you get not one, but two rad dino medals!
- So many draw prizes! You get a prize, and you get a prize, and you get a prize…
- 5km Run/Walk (including stroller and age group divisions)
- 10km Run (including stroller and age group divisions
- Free Kids Run/ Jump/ Throw Mini Track Meet
Package Pick-up – Strides Running Store – Marda Loop
- Saturday from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm
**Please note that there will be no package pick-up on race day. Please contact email@example.com with special circumstances.
- 10:55 am – Stroller 5km and 10km start
- 11:00 am – 5km and 10km main races start
- 11:00 am to 12:30 pm – FREE Kids Event at the track for kids 1-9 years old. Please register your child and you will get specific information emailed to you.
- 12:30 pm – Awards
REGISTER EARLY TO GUARANTEE YOUR SIZE!!
- Custom dinosaur themed short-sleeved technical shirt.
- Custom dinosaur medal with dinosaur facts on the ribbon!
**Previous Dino Dash pictures below, including the 2021 Shirt and Medal design.
5K Male Trevor Hofbauer 14:37.83 – 2018
5K Female Bridget Pyke 18:11 – 2021
10K Male Matt Norminton 31:16.5 – 2008
10K Female Lisa Harvey 36:04.0 – 2007
5K Stroller Male Richard MacDonald 17:29 – 2015
5K Stroller Female Jennifer Alexander 21:03.12 – 2011
10K Stroller Male Richard MacDonald 36:22.46 – 2017
10K Stroller Female Patricia Tsang 47:08.69 – 2016